mavisol (mavisol) wrote in linguaphiles,

Re Judaica applied art objects

How would you call the items below - jugs, pitchers, decanters, anything else?

How would you call the bead-shaped pieces of stained glass stuck to the base? Or just call it like that? Many thanks in advance!


  • Used to usage

    Sometimes I say sentences such as: "Didn't that bakery used to be a fish shop?" It occurs to me that it would be more grammatically consistent if I…

  • Sporadic dropping of object in American English

    "Does the sandwich come with?" [overheard at deli, asking does a reuben include sides of pickles or kraut, something of that nature without…

  • English punctuation question

    What is the correct way to punctuate the following sentence in terms of hyphens and en dashes? Never mind the awkwardness of the word order; I am…

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded