Neverspeak (iconoclass) wrote in linguaphiles,

Writing خ ح ج in the middle of a word

I'm trying to figure out how to write Arabic words in which ج خ or ح appear connected in the middle of the word, particularly يَطْبُخونَ. I've learned to write this way when one of these letters is the second letter:

with the ت on the upper right edge of ح. But i will have to pile a ton of letters up on the upper right edge of خ if I do that in this case. It doesn't seem practical.
Tags: arabic, handwriting
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 

Write yāʾ, then ṭāʾ, then go diagonally up then down, as if drawing a little A without the bar. At the bottom left of the A-shape, pull back to write the khāʾ as in your picture. Then go back and put the dot of the bāʾ under the A-shape.

Like this?

Yes, but make the ṭāʾ bigger and the A-shape smaller and flatter. And don't forget the dot on top of the khāʾ.