Finnish help
Sorry for the second post in the same day!
I was supposed to be studying in Helsinki this semester, but my plans changed at the last minute due to circumstances beyond my control. I had already paid a housing deposit to the student housing agency, and I have been trying to get it back since January. Things have not been working very well, to say the least, and I'm kind of frustrated. I don't know that this is the version of my next e-mail that I will be sending, but if it is, I was wondering if any Finnish-speakers here could help me look it over and make sure it's not incoherent. (I'm mostly just writing this Finnish version because I am frustrated and I want to channel my irritation off into something else rather than writing something in English right away and having it sound rude. Plus, this is good practice for my Finnish.)
Hello,
Valitettavasti emme voineet saada Sterling Savings Bank:n SWIFT-osoite, he vain antavat meille Bank of New York:n SWIFT-osoite, kun kysymme heiltä omasta osoitteesta. Tämän takia, meillä on 2 kysymystä:
1) Jos te maksatte meidän käsirahaa takaisin Bank of New York:lla, kuinka paljon maksaa tämä transaktio?
2) Jos se ei ole mahdollinen, saammeko käyttää pankkitilin toisessa pankissa, jolla on oman SWIFT-osoite?
Kiitos,
[[oma nimi]]
What I am trying to say is that our bank, for some reason, will not give us its own SWIFT code, but that of its correspondent bank only. (It leads me to suspect that there is no SWIFT code for it, but I don't know because I don't know how that works.) But since they will not work through the correspondent bank because they say it will cost them, I'm asking 1) how much it would cost if we did that anyway, and 2) if they still won't do that, then can we just have them send it to a different bank account.
I probably will write one out in English now and just send it, but would this have been understandable/not rude? Or would it have been muddled and out of line?
I was supposed to be studying in Helsinki this semester, but my plans changed at the last minute due to circumstances beyond my control. I had already paid a housing deposit to the student housing agency, and I have been trying to get it back since January. Things have not been working very well, to say the least, and I'm kind of frustrated. I don't know that this is the version of my next e-mail that I will be sending, but if it is, I was wondering if any Finnish-speakers here could help me look it over and make sure it's not incoherent. (I'm mostly just writing this Finnish version because I am frustrated and I want to channel my irritation off into something else rather than writing something in English right away and having it sound rude. Plus, this is good practice for my Finnish.)
Hello,
Valitettavasti emme voineet saada Sterling Savings Bank:n SWIFT-osoite, he vain antavat meille Bank of New York:n SWIFT-osoite, kun kysymme heiltä omasta osoitteesta. Tämän takia, meillä on 2 kysymystä:
1) Jos te maksatte meidän käsirahaa takaisin Bank of New York:lla, kuinka paljon maksaa tämä transaktio?
2) Jos se ei ole mahdollinen, saammeko käyttää pankkitilin toisessa pankissa, jolla on oman SWIFT-osoite?
Kiitos,
[[oma nimi]]
What I am trying to say is that our bank, for some reason, will not give us its own SWIFT code, but that of its correspondent bank only. (It leads me to suspect that there is no SWIFT code for it, but I don't know because I don't know how that works.) But since they will not work through the correspondent bank because they say it will cost them, I'm asking 1) how much it would cost if we did that anyway, and 2) if they still won't do that, then can we just have them send it to a different bank account.
I probably will write one out in English now and just send it, but would this have been understandable/not rude? Or would it have been muddled and out of line?
