Snap Dragon Girl (jfran2258) wrote in linguaphiles,
Snap Dragon Girl

Linguistic Nomenclature

I was wondering if there was a specific name for referring to the following phenomenon.

In English, we say "He is dead," indicating that he died and the result of that action he is in a state of death. Furthermore, we could say "The man is married," meaning that the man married and is now in the state of marriage. 

Is there a word for this and if possible could you give examples from other languages? 
Tags: grammar

Recent Posts from This Community

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 


Recent Posts from This Community