Typing Chinese faster
Hi all!
I'm currently using ibus (Ubuntu) and the default Windows IME, both entering pinyin, to type Chinese. I have two questions:
(1) What's the best way to improve my typing speed? I always type out the full pinyin (e.g. 知道 = "zhidao", not "zd"), as I'm not sure when to use that kind of abbreviated input—for those of you who fluently and rapidly type Chinese, how much of your typing is that kind of contracted/abbreviated typing?
(2) Are there any typing games or tutors to type in Chinese, with pinyin, but for people who can't read all the characters? I can read a good amount, but it'd be a lot more helpful for me if I had something with characters and pinyin, too.
Thanks!
I'm currently using ibus (Ubuntu) and the default Windows IME, both entering pinyin, to type Chinese. I have two questions:
(1) What's the best way to improve my typing speed? I always type out the full pinyin (e.g. 知道 = "zhidao", not "zd"), as I'm not sure when to use that kind of abbreviated input—for those of you who fluently and rapidly type Chinese, how much of your typing is that kind of contracted/abbreviated typing?
(2) Are there any typing games or tutors to type in Chinese, with pinyin, but for people who can't read all the characters? I can read a good amount, but it'd be a lot more helpful for me if I had something with characters and pinyin, too.
Thanks!
