So I should probably know a lot more about the Dravidian family of languages, as my father's from South India, but I guess it's hard to keep up since I don't feel there's as much necessity to know these languages, is that just me/my opinion? (nearly every North/South/East/West Indian knows English!) my friend was asking me the following and regretfully i didn't know the answers. maybe you guys do. =)
1. which Dravidian language is most spoken, or there is more of a need for knowing, in the US? Specifically in major cities: like DC, New York, San Francisco, Seattle.
2. which one is hardest to learn?
3. which one is easiest to learn?
4. if i know one, does it make it easier to learn another?
5. Are there any specific similaries worth noting among any of them? Like for example, I think Malayalam came from Tamil, so I am wondering if these two are really more like dialects or like...very similar in the way Spanish and Portuguese are.
I haven't attempted to learn any other but Tamil, that's what we speak at home. so if anyone has any feedback, thoughts/opinions, would love to hear it!