Dolores Haze (lolife) wrote in linguaphiles,
Dolores Haze

Teaching Adults English in New York

I figured you guys would be the best place to begin and if you didn't know the info, could point me in a better direction than I could point myself.

I will graduate in May from a prominent university near New York City with a BA in Spanish Language and Literature. I am proficient in Spanish, but not so good with my speaking, but I can get by.

What I want to do is begin teaching English to immigrants in New York City. What types of certifications would I need? Do I need a TESOL certification? A masters in teaching? What certifications programs are recommended? I have heard of CELTA, how good of a program is that?

Thank you for any and all help.

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded