English question
Hello! I am a newbie to this community. Nice to meet you!
I have one English question. I hope it is ok to post a question about English usages...
This is an excerpt from an article about BIometrics recognition - Vein pattern Recognition.
>The prominence and acceptance of biometric technologies such as fingerprinting, facial recognition, hand geometry, and iris recognition may leave little demand for other modalities.
"Modalities" is the word that I don't quite understand. in this context, which is the right meaning?--->the classification of logical proposition according to their asserting or denying the possibilities. ? or something to do with MRI or CT, the medical equipment.
So in short does the sentence say, this excellent technology is about to launch since the procedures are almost done.
or
this excellent technology won't require any medical equipment to proceed?
Sorry I am struggling in understanding. Thanks a lot!
