Whodunnit? (oh_meow) wrote in linguaphiles,

Framing mounts?

What are the french and german words for a framing mount? A mount is the square of white cardboard you place on top of a print before you frame it. It's a hard thing to look up in a dictionary! I'm going with Fassung for German, and monture for French at the moment. Are these correct?

(If you're wondering why I need it- I'm listing some of my photographic prints on a europe-wide art site, which operates trilingually, and as I speak both languages decently, I might as well address all my potential market!)

Recent Posts from This Community

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 


Recent Posts from This Community