"salut"
I'm finally in French 101, after a while of on-again, off-again self study.
Today in class our professor told us that the greeting "Salut!," if pronounced the wrong way, means something along the lines of "son of a bitch." What word or phrase did she mean? I don't want to call anybody a son of a bitch (immediately, anyway), but I am curious now and I don't know her well enough to come right out and ask her..
Grand merci!
(also posted in my own journal)
Today in class our professor told us that the greeting "Salut!," if pronounced the wrong way, means something along the lines of "son of a bitch." What word or phrase did she mean? I don't want to call anybody a son of a bitch (immediately, anyway), but I am curious now and I don't know her well enough to come right out and ask her..
Grand merci!
(also posted in my own journal)
