In search of words that sound like common phrases
This might not be the place to ask, but I thought you language lovers might know. I am searching for a game that I remember playing when I was a kid. The basics of the game are that a player is given a phrase with words that sound like other words, they are to read these words to their opponent who tries to guess what the actual common phrase is. An example is "as ready as a lover bee" and the correct version is "as ready as I'll ever be".
I am looking either for the name of this game so that I can buy it, or somewhere on the internet that has a list of these kinds of phrases or even just what these phrases are called.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have googled like crazy, but can't seem to find a way to fit what I want into searchable parameters.
Thanks.
I am looking either for the name of this game so that I can buy it, or somewhere on the internet that has a list of these kinds of phrases or even just what these phrases are called.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! I have googled like crazy, but can't seem to find a way to fit what I want into searchable parameters.
Thanks.
