Sivi Volk (sivi_volk) wrote in linguaphiles,
Sivi Volk

  • Mood:
  • Music:

Looking for a word.

I'm looking for a word. Is there one to describe the re-enactment, just after the fact, by miming, of a humorous event?

Example: My girlfriend and I had just gotten back into our apartment. We were taking off our coats. As I went to sit down on the chair to take off my boots, she tossed her coat onto the chair. I gave her an affronted/amused look. Because we found the situation amusing, she then made a throwing gesture towards the chair and said "fwoosh" to imitate the coat flying over the chair.

Now, people I know do this sort of thing all the time. It's a quick re-enactment of something humorous, typically in a physical way, and is accompanied by a simple sound effect and mime of the event. It seems to be a way to capture the humour of an event that passed by quickly.

Is there a word for this?

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded