Connor (fenoxielo524) wrote in linguaphiles,

Medieval Spanish weaponry terms

I'm a bit at a loss regarding the translation of the word "falcón." My teacher described it and drew me a picture, so I know exactly what it is, only neither of us could think of the word in English. None of my Spanish dictionaries have it. For those of you who don't know, it's a sort of Middle-Eastern looking sword with a curved blade and a curved tip, like what the palace guards wield in "Aladdin." Any thoughts on the English equivalent?

ETA: Thanks for the replies! It seems the answer to my question is either "falchion" or "scimitar."
Tags: spanish

Recent Posts from This Community

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded 


Recent Posts from This Community