The Creation of languages.
I"ve become somewhat interested in creating my own small language recently.
I might model it after the Rotokas alphabet for the alphabet (12 letters)
WIth additional sounds being possible through compounded alphabet sounds. I suppose that increases the letters in the actual alphabet but I haven't decided if that is my final decision.
My main objective with creating a language was to have a language that could convey meanign without the use of articles or certain verbs such as "be."
any thoughts on all this?
also have you tried creating a language before?
if yes, please describe the experience.
ps: my shift-a combination on my keyboard doesn't seem to work in firefox alone. anyone encounter this before? "a" works by itself and shfit works in various forms except when used in conjunction with shift-a. (this is completely off topic and not related to this forum, so don't worry about it at all...i suppose)
I might model it after the Rotokas alphabet for the alphabet (12 letters)
WIth additional sounds being possible through compounded alphabet sounds. I suppose that increases the letters in the actual alphabet but I haven't decided if that is my final decision.
My main objective with creating a language was to have a language that could convey meanign without the use of articles or certain verbs such as "be."
any thoughts on all this?
also have you tried creating a language before?
if yes, please describe the experience.
ps: my shift-a combination on my keyboard doesn't seem to work in firefox alone. anyone encounter this before? "a" works by itself and shfit works in various forms except when used in conjunction with shift-a. (this is completely off topic and not related to this forum, so don't worry about it at all...i suppose)
