Ok, I have two completely unrelated questions:
First, does anyone know of a program for learning how to type in Russian? Right now I am very slow at typing in Russian and need to improve so that it doesn't take me forever every time I need to write something. Or, if you don't know of a program for learning, is there any other way that you've succesfully learned how to type quickly in Russian?
Second, I'm currently working with a group of Japanese students who are in the US for three weeks studying English. I don't know Japanese, which is fine for this job since we are supposed to be speaking English with them. However, I spend a lot of time listening to them chattering in Japanese and this leads to some observations and questions. Mainly, I'm wondering about the use of -chan, -san, and -kun on the end of names...is there a specific time when each is specifically used (masculine vs. feminine, for example)? Every time I think I'm understanding when to use which, someone says the opposite thing.
Thanks for your time : )
First, does anyone know of a program for learning how to type in Russian? Right now I am very slow at typing in Russian and need to improve so that it doesn't take me forever every time I need to write something. Or, if you don't know of a program for learning, is there any other way that you've succesfully learned how to type quickly in Russian?
Second, I'm currently working with a group of Japanese students who are in the US for three weeks studying English. I don't know Japanese, which is fine for this job since we are supposed to be speaking English with them. However, I spend a lot of time listening to them chattering in Japanese and this leads to some observations and questions. Mainly, I'm wondering about the use of -chan, -san, and -kun on the end of names...is there a specific time when each is specifically used (masculine vs. feminine, for example)? Every time I think I'm understanding when to use which, someone says the opposite thing.
Thanks for your time : )
