Funky-Tailed Squirrel (5ampunkrock) wrote in linguaphiles,
Funky-Tailed Squirrel

Conjugating verbs in the wrong language

Hello all,

I have a kind of random question. Is there a term for the act of conjugating a verb in the wrong language? For example, I and other people I know who speak Spanish will hear a Spanish sentence, and to add our own commentary take the verb and make it like English. For example, "Come esta manzana" --> "I come-ed that manzana, alright" (silly example, yes, but it's pretty silly to do it anyway). Does this have some real, linguistic term? Can it be done in other languages? Examples? :)

  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded