December 30th, 2014

arrow2 by wizzicons


In English, when do you use the words pullover, jumper and sweater? Or do you use something different? I'm asking especially, but not only, referring to something knitted by hand.

Thank you!

Edit: Thank you to everyone, that was most interesting and I learned a lot. The word I was looking for is probably jumper, as my English is mainly British, but I'll be careful when talking to Americans. Thanks again!