Log in

No account? Create an account

April 2018
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30

Back May 18th, 2014 Forward
Svetosila [userpic]

Dear friends, I need to find a proper English term (can be British or American English, but something universal would be preferable) meaning the chief film editor (a person who directs... well... his subordinates who are film editors too).

I've read the relevant Wiki entry, yet I'm at a loss. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_editor
I need a term to convey the idea that nowadays a film editor's role has grown bigger, a term that would convey the difference between film editors and a person who directs them (just like a director of photography directs cinemathographers who work for him\her).

Actually, I'm trying to translate the Russian term режиссер монтажа (which is fairly new, by the way). The rough translation would be "director of film editing" (If I follow the "director of photography" model). 

Back May 18th, 2014 Forward