Andrew (aindreas) wrote in linguaphiles,

what do you call it when ...

Is there a name for when, usually in song, two sentences are joined by one element? There are a kajillion examples, but I heard it most recently in this Christina Perri song:

"Right from the start I knew that I'd found a home for my heart beats fast."

Obviously because of how the music is written, the break between "... home for my heart" and "my heart beats fast" is nicely apparent. My questions is if there is a name for this device? Any experts on poetry or song who can help?
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded